The Bridger Mountain Scribes of Montana comprises calligraphers in southwest Montana, including Bozeman and Gallatin Gateway. We meet once a month to discuss calligraphy, artists books, and other book arts, usually on the 1st Monday of the month at the Bozeman Public Library.
Our next meeting will be held from 11 am – 1 pm on Monday, August 8. This meeting will be held in the small conference room at the public library.
In July, Diana guided us in creating an illuminated casual capital using watercolors, watercolor pencils, and Micron pens. Thanks, Diana!
Here’s what’s planned for the August 8 meeting:
- Diana will teach us some floral capitals such as those shown below.You will need these supplies:
- Arches Text or Watercolor Paper
- Micron pen (0.3 or 0.5), black ink
- Water container
- Paper towels
- We will share the project pages we’ve completed so far.
- Bring anything else you’ve been working on. We want to see it!
We are a member guild of the statewide Montana guild, Big Sky Scribes. If you’d like to find out more about calligraphy in southwest Montana, attend our meetings, or join the guild, email firstname.lastname@example.org.