The Bridger Mountain Scribes of Montana comprises calligraphers in southwest Montana, including Bozeman and Gallatin Gateway. We meet once a month to discuss calligraphy, artists books, and other book arts, usually on the 1st Monday of the month at the Bozeman Public Library.
Our next meeting will be held from 11 am – 1 pm on Monday, November 7, in the small conference room at the library.
In preparation for the November meeting:
Let’s work on a collage page for our Alphabet book. Here are general instructions:
- Choose a letter you will work on for the collage page.
- In the meantime think about collage artists who inspire you, links to blogs, Pinterest, and even examples of collage that appeal to you.
- Share them in advance of the meeting by replying all to the email you received.
- The names and links mentioned in the emails will be collected on this page as the month progress.
Rose will share the article from Bound & Lettered on “Meander Books”, which was discussed at the October meeting. There are many ways to cut the paper to create the meander. It is simple, and you can do it at home.
Our November meeting will be for working as well as sharing:
- Bring materials to design the page, or if already designed, bring the papers, inks, glue, & materials to put it together.
- If you’ve been so industrious as to finish your page, please bring materials for another page or for making collaged cards for enhance your stationery inventory.
- For those who are interested, we’ll have a table for collage items to share and swap.
We’ll meet in December on the 5th at 11 am.
We are a member guild of the statewide Montana guild, Big Sky Scribes. If you’d like to find out more about calligraphy in southwest Montana, attend our meetings, or join the guild, email firstname.lastname@example.org.